14th Annual Answers for Autism Walk
In Honor of Keegan Dee Stiver
|What is Autism? |
Autism is a developmental disorder that strikes children some time in the first three years of life and impacts the normal development of the brain in areas of cognition, social interaction and comm unication skills. Each child is affected differently and to varying degrees. According to recent studies, as many as 1 in every 68 children born today will be on the autism spectrum. Autism is now one of the most common developmental disorder -- more common than Down syndrome, multiple sclerosis or cystic fibrosis. There is no known, proven cure for Autism. Though various treatments may provide some children with relative relief, current research is limited due to lack of available funds.
Some Answers for Autism walk information:
- The walk is a 1 mile wheelchair and stroller friendly walk. There will be activities for the children and silent auction before and during the walk.
- All proceeds from the Answers for Autism Walk fund the Answers for Autism Grant Program which supports programs benefiting individuals with autism living in Indiana.
- There will be food for purchase throughout the day. Light refreshments will be provided at no cost after the walk.
- Save time on walk day and register ALL your family members online. Having everyone registered helps us better plan for the day’s activities.
- GENERAL REGISTRATION: $10
- PREMIUM REGISTRATION: $35. Each individual who donates or raises $35 or more will receive an official Answers for Autism Walk T-shirt on walk day (while supplies last).
- WALK PATH SPONSORSHIP: Families can purchase a personalized WALK PATH SIGN in honor of a loved one with autism for $30. Walk Path Sponsorships are limited. Deadline is August 30, 2014. To purchase a walk path sign please go to "sponsorship opportunities" on the left hand column and select "walk path sign"
*** Please send the name of the individual to be honored email@example.com.****